With regards to COVID, we have been monitoring recent developments over the summer and will continue to do so as we enter the fall season. As we begin the fall season, we will be playing under very similar rules to those we used during the summer, which correspond with current CDC guidelines for outdoor activities.
We ask that everyone adheres to the following rules:
1. Please screen for symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to the baseball or softball fields. This is a self-assessment (and there is a link to CDC questions on our website) - never come to the fields if you feel ill, have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or are required to quarantine for any reason. When in doubt, sit it out!
2. Masks are no longer required, however, they are allowed and encouraged for anyone who chooses to wear one.
3. Distancing between players should be encouraged as much as possible. During practices and games, coaches should try to encourage as much space between players as possible.
4. Players should bring all their own gear to each game. Equipment may be shared however we want to discourage sharing equipment as much as possible.
5. Be sure to bring your own water bottle. Water bottles cannot be shared!
6. Please travel to and from games in vehicles with members of your own household only. If carpooling is required, please remember that CDC recommends masks for all individuals (both vaccinated and unvaccinated) while indoors or in an enclosed space such as a vehicle with members of other households.
7. Sportsmanship should continue to be contact-free - After games, teams should line up on first and third baselines and use a tip of the cap or verbal congratulations instead of handshakes used in the past.