Dear Parents of AA players!
April has arrived and the countdown to PLAY BALL has begun! I’m including some additional information in this email so that families can make sure their AA player is amped up and ready to go in just a few short weeks! Apologies for the length but want to give you some important details!
- AA will be meeting for about an hour on practice days (perhaps a little longer as the days stay lighter, longer!) and about 90 minutes on game days. Practices/Games begin right at 6pm, and we ask players to try to arrive around 10-15 minutes early to warm up and get ready. AA will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays and Sunday afternoons. Specific schedule of practices vs. game days will be announced soon and will be posted on our SYBSA.org website. You will also be receiving an email from your child’s coach before April vacation introducing themselves to you and your family, and sharing your team's schedule.
- The first day of the season for AA is Mon 4/22. On that day players will meet their coaches and teammates and receive their practice jersey and official SYBSA team uniform (shirt and hat).
- Players should bring a glove and water bottle every week. We ask players to always wear comfortable pants (not shorts) and many players choose to wear baseball pants on game days (recommended but not required). Closed-toe athletic shoes should be worn. No other equipment is necessary! If your player chooses to bring their own bat or helmet, please make sure they are clearly labeled with your child’s name.
- SYBSA has a very special Opening Day ceremony that is to be held in the late afternoon on Saturday, April 27. More details will come but put it on your calendar TODAY! The entire SYBSA community comes out to celebrate the BEST sport in the world!
- We NEED more volunteers to help “Coach” our players. You DO NOT need any baseball experience to provide a helping hand! PLEASE CONSIDER SIGNING UP TODAY!! All volunteers MUST complete a CORI check before they are able to assist our players. Please sign up on our website today and we’ll get it all set before our first meeting! We would benefit from 5-6 more people signing up!
- I am also looking for a Coordinator for AA. This role shouldn’t require that much work. It’s just a point person who can then distribute information, help to coordinate communications via email and on our website page for AA, and help to keep consistency across the teams. It makes a huge difference when we have someone in this role for a division. Please contact me directly if interested!
- We are still welcoming new AA registrations (experienced Ks and 1st graders), so if you know of young boy or girl who wants to be the next Xander Bogaerts, encourage them to sign up today!
Please let me know if you have any questions!