Hi Aviator Parents,
My apologies. It was not until talking to Kevin Collins, our VP-Baseball, last night that I realized I had given you the wrong date for the SHS Softball Senior Night. I’m sorry and see the correct information below.
As for the boys, I was very proud of how they played in the heat yesterday. We usually have twice as many “It’s hot” comments, but they stayed focused and preserved, two big points of baseball. I’ll have replacement stripes for anyone who lost them, as well as a better way to secure them.
Our schedule is light this week as Memorial Day Sunday is an off day. We will continue to hyper focus on their catching skills this week as it’s slowing their throwing development at the moment. They’ve already shown improvement and hopefully one more good practice session will allow for a few more light bulbs to shine.
Our schedule for the week looks like the following:
- Practice on Tuesday @ 5:45 PM – We will be at Ames Softball Complex on Field C. Field C has its home plate located closest to the high school parking lot. This is a field change from the original schedule.
- Sixth Game on Sunday @ 5:45 PM vs River Bandits – Our game will be at Deb Sampson on Field E. Field E is located to the right of the batting cages. Players should be in in full uniform for game.
Other town baseball/softball items to note:
- Sharon HS Softball Senior Night – Tonight, SHS Softball Team will celebrate 2022 Senior Night at Deb Sampson Complex. Game will be held on Field A, at 6 PM.
- SYBSA Championship Sunday – Mark your calendars for June 12. It will be our last game; however, for SYBSA’s Minor and Major divisions, it will be their playoff Championship games. It is a fun afternoon/evening to watch where current Aviators are headed.
- RJ Fishman Father’s Day Tournament – Also, mark your calendars for SYBSA’s Father’s Day Tournament (Jun 16th – Jun 19th). SYBSA’s hosts some of the region’s best Little League All-Star teams in a weekend of fantastic baseball. Personally, it’s my annual Father’s Day request to be allowed to watch as many games as I see fit.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.